Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Chapala Saturday November 11

Saturday November 11 2017

Very busy day!  First stop was the Deli 8 restaurant to meet Ed for breakfast.  We met his dog Buddy. His friend Marlene was also there.  I had the chilaquiles.



From there we walked to Ed’s place in San Antonio. 

Then we tool the bus to Lake Chapala Malecon.  Lots of vendors today.  Walked over to La Casita Del Molcajete.  With your meal you can have unlimited wine or margaritas.  I tried their enormous michelada.  It was delicious!

Later Lois was shopping for a hat and a bag.  I saw the Vampiro and had to try it.  Was also delicious, lighter than the michelada and more refreshing.  It has tequila, sangria, lime and orange juice, spices, and with cucumbers!



The mama and papa were also there selling me on the delicious Vampire. They were really fun people and they got my sense of humor.   I want to come back another day.




From here we went to the American Legion.  They were having a big party and all the tickets were already sold.  We found a table in the bar and hung out for a while.  We met the Collonel.  The tickets to Thanksgiving were also sold out, but they said they’re getting more tomorrow.  

Jose picked us up and took us to Mama’s number 2.  For some reason I couldn’t call Jose’s number.  But Ed was able to.  I assume I entered something wrong.  

At Mama’s Brian played pool and the rest of us hung out at the bar.  



There was an African Grey parrot named Pancho Villa!  I met Canadians Peter and Heather.  Ed doesn’t really get along with Heather because her views are very leftist.  Heather and I got along great!  She tole me that when she lived in New Zealand and made plans to move to Canada, her friends said “Canada?  It’s too dangerous there!”  And then from Canada to the USA her friends said “America is too dangerous!  Don’t go there!”  

After that we made a quick swing through the supermarket “Super Lake” and went home.



No comments: